WHAT IS TRI-M?
- The Tri-M Music Honor Society is the international music honor society for middle and high school students.
- It is designed to recognize students for their academic and musical achievements, reward them for their accomplishments and service activities, and to inspire other students to excel at music and leadership.
- Students in Tri-M participate in a number of music related activities throughout Wantagh Middle School and the greater community.
WHAT WE DO:
We meet during monthly meetings and perform in each meeting, perform in the school and community and
participate in on-campus excursions. Students in Tri-M are recognized throughout Wantagh Middle School
asexemplary students and role models for younger musicians.
In previous years we have: Played music in the hallway for other students, helped usher people to their seats at the middle school play, sold candy and tee shirts before the middle school play, performed in monthly meetings and went to a Broadway show.
HOW DO I GET INTO THE HONOR SOCIETY?
- Students are eligible for enrollment into Tri-M in their 7th and 8th grade year(s).
- To qualify for Tri-M membership, students must:
- Have a 90% or above in their current performing music class
- Fill out an application (Click here for the application).
- Attain two letters of recommendation
- Audition by making a flipgrid video of your best playing.
(Please perform 20 measures of a prior NYSSMA solo,
Band/Orchestra/Chorus piece, an etude, etc.)
If you qualify please submit your application and flipgrid video by Friday, October 21st.